Mission & Philosophy
To enrich lives, build community and foster success by bringing people, information and ideas together.
To be a safe and welcoming place for our diverse community, a place which connects people, inspires learning, literacy, and curiosity, and sparks change for a better community.
- Intellectual freedom: Providing access to all expressions of knowledge and creativity
- Diversity and inclusion: Valuing individuality, a person’s needs, experiences and differences with tolerance and understanding
- Accessibility: providing barrier-free facilities, resources and services
- Community: appreciating and responding to the needs of our community
- Lifelong learning: fostering the joy of reading and learning
- Fun: creating a positive environment in which staff and customers have fun and enjoy what we offer